I know there is no way I can convince that this is not one of their tricks, but I don’t care. I am me. My name is Valerie. I don’t think I’ll live much longer and I wanted to tell someone about my life. This is the only autobiography that I will ever write. And God, I’m writing it on toilet paper. I was born in Nottingham in 1985. I don’t remember much of those early years, but I do remember the rain. My grandmother owned a farm in Tottle Brook and she used to tell me that God was in the rain. I passed my eleventh plus and went to a girls’ grammar. It was at school that I met my first girlfriend. Her name was Sarah. It was her wrists. They were beautiful. I thought we would love each other forever. I remember our teacher telling us that it was an adolescent phase that people outgrew. Sarah did. I didn’t.
In 2002, I fell in love with a girl named Christina. That year I came out to my parents. I couldn’t have done it without Chris holding my hand. My father couldn’t look at me. He told me not to ever come back. My mother said nothing. But I had only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch we are free.
I had known what I always wanted to do with my life and in 2015, I starred in my first film, “The Salt Flats.” It was the most important role of my life. Not because of my career, but because that was how I met Ruth. The first time we kissed I knew I never wanted to kiss any other lips but hers again. We moved to a small flat in London together. She grew Scarlet Carsons for me in our window box. And our place always smelled of roses. Those were the best years of my life.
But America’s war grew worse and worse and eventually came to London. After that there were no roses anymore. Not for anyone.
I remember how the meaning of words began to change. How unfamiliar words like “collateral” and “rendition” became frightening. While things like Norse Fire and The Articles of Allegiance became powerful. I remember how different became dangerous. I still don’t understand it. Why they hate us so much. They took Ruth while she was out buying food. I’ve never cried so hard in my life. It wasn’t long until they came for me.
It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years I had roses and apologized to no one.
I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch but one. An inch, it is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us. I hope that whoever you are, you escape this place. I hope that the world turns and things get better, but what I hope most of all is that you understand that when I tell you…Even though I do not know you. And even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you…I love you. With all my heart, I love you.
- sillyniques93 likes this
- idreaminmovies reblogged this from createitinc
- alphabetizingsins reblogged this from tuskenraidersofthelostark
- musicourcollisionsmake reblogged this from captainswag
- cyberplanner-mrsclever likes this
- glitterhag reblogged this from fragilelilmongoose
- verfickterbastard likes this
- aescammell reblogged this from mapleprince
- porcelainwarbler reblogged this from pavelchekovbodypillow
- jamesandonlyjames reblogged this from joshuarexvanderhoof
- artisticalex likes this
- ohgoshmo reblogged this from comicsandbitches
- the-sphinxs-riddle reblogged this from aashketchumm
- aashketchumm reblogged this from xredhoodx
- immortalii likes this
- switchnowipaddoodler likes this
- applecidervinegarforthewin reblogged this from redjohnrules
- thylil likes this
- life-is-a-joke-so-laugh reblogged this from redjohnrules
- thekidscallitmagic likes this
- utakatatheslug likes this
- thatredsmile likes this
- afterall-thistime-always reblogged this from redjohnrules
- redjohnrules reblogged this from alluringsiren
- alluringsiren reblogged this from dylan-is-deryn
- dylan-is-deryn reblogged this from celinequeenofrhuttlia
- celinequeenofrhuttlia reblogged this from cupcakecannibal
- theunknowing likes this
- susanholmes reblogged this from deathinacuddlyjumper
- susanholmes likes this
- cupcakecannibal reblogged this from captain-killian-jones
- cupcakecannibal likes this
- captain-killian-jones reblogged this from dancing-around-corpses
- kumiko-pi likes this
- daidenied reblogged this from anmutuberalles
- zombifiedsj reblogged this from jane-potter
- zombifiedsj likes this
- destrudovassago likes this
- destiellllll reblogged this from anmutuberalles
- anmutuberalles reblogged this from nogoodturkey
- dreamsdiehere likes this
- dreamsdiehere reblogged this from jane-potter
- isiskali reblogged this from jane-potter
- jane-potter reblogged this from onyxtrees
- officersoandso reblogged this from redheadedhobbitfeet
- bentchbites likes this
- redheadedhobbitfeet reblogged this from theladylily
- hadleydrake likes this
- kavto-m reblogged this from draculabiscuits
- kavto-m likes this